Bastille Day at BPNY - July 12
Celebrate France’s Independence Day!
Brookfield Place New York celebrates Bastille Day, France’s Independence Day, with a summer fête featuring a full day of music, games, and family fun!
New French eatery and marketplace, Le District, will offer several activations and promotions celebrating French food and culture, including a Ricard bar, specialty picnic baskets filled with French goods, and a roving ice cream cart. Fitness club Equinox will run a “Tour de France” spin class on the plaza with stationary bikes.
The day-long event will incorporate many other activities for all ages including live music performances and Parkour demonstrations and lessons. While enjoying the sounds and sights of France, caricaturists will also be on site for portraits along la Seine (Brookfield Place Waterfront) where picnic blankets will be set up by Le District for guests to take advantage of.
Stroll into Montmartre (The Winter Garden) for music by wandering musicians and various retailer activations. Once inside, guests are also invited to visit the Champs Élysées (230 Vesey Street 2nd Level Shopping) for storytelling by Posman Books, French lessons by Bilingual Birdies, and ballet lessons and performances by New York Theater Ballet.
Brookfield Place’s brasserie Hudson Eats will play a selection of French films throughout the day.
All events are free and open to the public with food and drinks for purchase.
Specific Events and Activities:
For the “Famille”
- Veuve Clicquot sponsored lawn games
- Come get a portait of you, your friends or family by artists and caricaturists
- Be amazed by Parkour flips and fun
- Relax on Le District Picnic blankets while enjoying French-themed lunch baskets for purchase
- Expand your French vocabulary while learning how to make Macarons at Le District
- Participate in Vilebrequin’s contest:Guess how many ping pong balls are in the sand pails and the winner gets a $250 gift card to Vilebrequin at Brookfield Place!
- Watch various French films in Hudson Eats.
For the “Enfants”
- Be exposed to French language and culture, music and dance by BiLingual Birdies: “Learn new words while you sing along to original hip tunes and your favorite traditional folk songs.” 45 minute set starting at 11am
- Take advantage of New York Theater Ballet's Founder & Artistic Director, Diana Byer, who will do an interactive talk about the dance form. Then, enjoy a performance of Sleeping Beauty by ballerina Elena Zahlmann. 30 minute sets at 12:30pm and 1:30pm
- Listen to French-themed story-telling at Posman Books. 30 minute sets at 12pm, 1pm & 2pm
For the “Adultes”
- "After you sip (Babesta Champagne), touch up your lips" at Cos Bar's Lip Treatment
- Raffles & “Steak Frites”: Shop at Bonobos while indulging in Umami Burger's mini sliders and drinks in their store with various raffles
- Sip on some champagne in Judith & Charles Brookfield Places' store.
- "Tour De France”: Participate in an outdoor spin class led by an Equinox instructor. 45 minute class at 2pm
(*RSVP only. Email email@example.com)