- This event has passed.
BLOOM! is the newest creation of SWAY (formerly known as Australia’s Strange Fruit) atop their signature 14 foot sway poles. A 20-minute performance, BLOOM! is a family-friendly, colorful, and spirited performance exploring themes of earth and nature, community, transformation, individuality, and diversity. Accompanied by an original soundtrack by Ania Reynolds, BLOOM! celebrates the ephemeral and simultaneously beautiful nature of life. Fun for the whole family!
BLOOM! SHOWS on the Waterfront Plaza at Brookfield Place:
12:30, 3:30 & 5:30pm
Fantastical Flower Craft in the Winter Garden at Brookfield Place:
Saturday, July 16
11:15 AM – 12:15 pm
2:15 – 3:15 pm
4:15 – 5:15 pm
Create 3-D fantastical flowers inspired by native wildflowers and tropical blossoms! Build a single bloom, a whole bouquet, a flower corsage, or a flower crown! Combining a variety of paper techniques and templates you’ll cut, twist, twirl, tear, and fold your flower into shape. Check in at the west side of the Winter Garden.
First come, first served, no RSVP required.
You can also enjoy SWAY’S BLOOM! performances at Brooklyn Commons from July 21-24. Details are found here.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE SHOWS:
- All performances are free to attend, no tickets are required.
- There are 3 performances a day, one at 12:30, 3:30 & 5:30pm. Each lasts approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Explore more art through Brookfield Place’s Art Walk while you’re on-site.
- Grab a bite to eat at BFPL before or after the show. Food options are found here.
- Shopping options are found here.
- While you’re at BFPL, discover Portside and enjoy happy hour, bites, epic sunsets, and weekly programming.
- No additional seating will be set out at Brookfield Place for this event. You are welcome to stand or use the everyday Waterfront Plaza seating.