- This event has passed.
Flash Mob: Opening Night of the Flamenco Festival
If you are participating through a dance school, please ask your teacher for instructions as it is different than below.
Here are instructions for the general public, not participating through a dance school:
- In order to participate, you must watch and practice the dance in the video. The dance will not be shown on the day of the flashmob so you must come prepared and well-rehearsed.
- There will not be a practice run-through.
- Please arrive between 6 – 6:30pm latest
- Please arrive already dressed in Flamenco dress. Public bathrooms are available for dressing.
- Please note: It is important to show up on time and traveling can take longer expected. Please plan to get to the Winter Garden at Brookfield Place 15 minutes early to account for any delays.
- There is paid parking or we strongly suggest you take public transportation.
- There will be an information table in the Winter Garden at Brookfield Place that participants and onlookers can go to for information about the flash mob. When you arrive between 6-6:30pm please go to the table for instructions.
- Please meet fellow participants and dance instructors in front of the large glass windows facing the Hudson River at 6:30pm.
- The flash mob dance will be performed 3 times, starting promptly at 7:05pm, and will be followed by a dance performance
Please bring castanets for a surprise sevillanas dance.
- Please bring as few items as possible as space is limited for people’s bags, shoes, etc.
- The event will be videotaped and photographed and will be used for marketing in the future. If you do not want to be in the video please do not participate.
- There are limited wooden platforms for Flamenco shoes, if you do not fit on a platform you will need to take off your flamenco shoes. You cannot dance on the marble with your shoes on.
Please follow updates and information on this page or the facebook page here.